"Supply Our Students"
PROJECT: SOS distributed 5,549 brand new back packs filled with school supplies on Saturday, August 18th! We will distribute hundreds more the first two days of school and beyond.
We couldn’t do this without the generous support of businesses, organizations, churches, families and individuals who collect supplies, donate funds, and volunteer their time to help. Thank you for making a real difference in the lives of our community's kids!
How to Get Supplies
- Families who missed Distribution Day can bring their children to The Banquet, 900 E. 8th St., on Thursday the 23rd or Friday the 24th between 6:30 am and 7:30 pm. We will not distribute backpacks before these dates.
- Children MUST be present to receive a backpack and school supplies.
- The child MUST have identification (something with the child’s name on it) to receive a backpack and school supplies.
How to Volunteer to Help
We will begin signing people up for Project: SOS 2019 on July 1, 2019. You MUST sign up to volunteer. Call 335-7066, and let us know the day and time you wish to volunteer. Thank you!
Packing Day is at The Banquet, 900 E. 8th St.
1 set up shift: 8:30 - 10:30 am
2 packing shifts: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
High school age and adult volunteers only.
Distribution Day is at Whittier Middle School.
3 shifts: 7:30 am - 11:00 am, 10:45 am - 2:00 pm, 1:45 pm - 4:30 pm.
1 clean up and moving shift: 3:30 - 5:00 pm.
Adult volunteers only.
Data entry volunteers are needed for all Saturday shifts. Please bring your laptop. We will provide a USB drive to save data.
You or your group can also make art bags for our students! Click here for instructions.
How to Collect or Donate Supplies:
- Click here to see or print the Project: SOS School Supply List.
- Click here to print a Project: SOS Poster.
- Bring donations directly to The Banquet, 900 East 8th Street, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact The Banquet at 335-7066 if you need boxes, posters, school supply lists or if you have any questions.