"Supply Our Students"
PROJECT: SOS DISTRIBUTION DAY: we will distribute brand new back packs filled with school supplies at Whittier Middle School (930 E. 6th St.) on Saturday, August 17th from 9 am to 4 pm!
Children must be present and have one form of identification for the child to receive a backpack. For example, a birth certificate, social security card, school ID, library card or medicaid card. If the child is NOT present a backpack will not be given.
We couldn’t do this without the generous support of businesses, organizations, churches, families and individuals who collect supplies, donate funds, and volunteer their time to help. Thank you for making a real difference in the lives of our community's kids!
How to Get Supplies
- No supplies will be available again until Thursday, August 22nd at 6:30 am.
- Children MUST be present to receive a backpack and school supplies.
- The child MUST have identification (something with the child’s name on it) to receive a backpack and school supplies.
How to Volunteer to Help
We will begin signing people up for Project: SOS 2019 on July 1, 2019. You MUST sign up to volunteer. Call 335-7066 OR email email@example.com and let us know the day and time you wish to volunteer. Thank you!
Packing Day is at The Banquet, 900 E. 8th St. on Friday, Aug. 16th
1 set up shift: 8:30 - 10:30 am
2 packing shifts: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
High school age and adult volunteers only.
Distribution Day is at Whittier Middle School on Saturday, Aug. 17th
3 shifts: 7:30 am - 11:00 am, 10:45 am - 2:00 pm, 1:45 pm - 4:30 pm.
1 clean up and moving shift: 3:30 - 5:00 pm.
Adult volunteers only.
Data entry volunteers are needed for all Saturday shifts. Please bring your laptop. We will provide a USB drive to save data.
You or your group can also make art bags for our students! Click here for instructions.
How to Collect or Donate Supplies:
- Click here to see or print the Project: SOS School Supply List.
- Bring donations directly to The Banquet, 900 East 8th Street, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Contact The Banquet at 335-7066 if you need boxes, posters, school supply lists or if you have any questions.