"Supply Our Students"
PROJECT: SOS DISTRIBUTION DAY is Saturday, August 19, 2017 at Whittier Middle School!
In 2016 we gave over 6,000 brand new backbacks filled with school supplies to children living in poverty in our community! Thank you for your support!
Since 1989, The Banquet’s Project: SOS “Supply Our Students,” has been collecting brand new backpacks and school supplies to distribute to children in and around Sioux Falls who are living in poverty. Each year we distribute around 6,000 backpacks filled with supplies to children who have a better chance at academic success because of this program. We couldn’t do this without the generous support of businesses, organizations, churches, families and individuals who collect supplies, donate funds, and volunteer their time to help. Thank you for making a real difference in the lives of our community's kids!
- Click here to see or print the Project: SOS School Supply List.
- Click here to print a Project: SOS Poster.
How to Collect or Donate Supplies:
- Place a collection box, Project: SOS posters, and school supply lists at your place of business, church or organization.
(You can print them above or you can pick them up at The Banquet, Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.)
- Look for collection boxes at participating retailers in Sioux Falls starting in July. Our 2016 Retailers included: HyVee, Kmart, Lewis, ShopKo, Staples, Walmart East, Walmart South, and Walmart West. You can buy supplies at these stores and drop them off in the boxes found near customer service areas.
- Bring donations directly to The Banquet, 900 East 8th Street, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please use the south door.
- Contact Erika Lapour at email@example.com or call The Banquet 335-7066 if you need boxes, posters, school supply lists or if you have any questions.
How to Volunteer to Help
If you would like to help on Packing Day and/or Distribution Day, call The Banquet at (605)335-7066 to sign up.
High school age and older for packing day, and adults only for distribution day.
How to Get Supplies
- Bring your child(ren) to Whittier Middle School on Distribution Day: Saturday, August 19, 2017. It starts at 9:00 am and continues throughout the day until 4:00 pm. There is no need to line up early - we will have supplies for you!
- Children MUST be present to receive a backpack and school supplies.
- The child MUST have identification (something with the child’s name on it) to receive a backpack and school supplies.