"Supply Our Students"
PROJECT: SOS distributed 5,980 brand new back packs filled with school supplies last school year.
We couldn’t do this without the generous support of businesses, organizations, churches, families and individuals who collect supplies, donate funds, and volunteer their time to help. Thank you for making a real difference in the lives of our community's kids!
How to Get Supplies
- If you missed Distribution Day, you can bring your child and his/her identification to The Banquet, 900 E. 8th St. during office hours from 2:30 to 4:30 pm.
- Children MUST be present to receive a backpack and school supplies.
- The child MUST have identification (something with the child’s name on it) to receive a backpack and school supplies.
How to Volunteer to Help
We will begin signing volunteers up on July 1, 2018; you MUST sign up to volunteer!
Packing Day is Friday, August 17, 2018 at The Banquet.
2 shifts: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
High school age and adult volunteers only.
Distribution Day is Saturday, August 18, 2018 at Whittier Middle School.
3 shifts: 7:30 am - 11:00 am, 10:45 am - 2:00 pm, 1:45 pm - 4:30 pm.
Adult volunteers only.
Data entry volunteers are needed for all Saturday shifts. Please bring your laptop. We will provide a USB drive to save data.
How to Collect or Donate Supplies:
- Click here to see or print the Project: SOS School Supply List.
- Click here to print a Project: SOS Poster.
- Bring donations directly to The Banquet, 900 East 8th Street, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Contact Erika Lapour at email@example.com or call The Banquet 335-7066 if you need boxes, posters, school supply lists or if you have any questions.