"Supply Our Students"
PROJECT: SOS Distribution Day is Saturday, August 19, 2017 at Whittier Middle School!
We are currently in need of volunteers for Distribution Day on Saturday, August 19th.
How to Volunteer to Help
You must sign up to volunteer! Please email email@example.com to sign up.
Friday, August 18: Packing Day at The Banquet -FULL
Help set up the dining room for packing backpacks from 8:30 am to 10:30 am!
2 shifts: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
High school age and adult volunteers only please.
Saturday, August 19: Distribution Day at Whittier - VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED
3 shifts: 7:30 am - 11:00 am, 10:45 am - 2:00 pm, 1:45 pm - 4:30 pm.
Adult volunteers only, please.
Data entry volunteers and interpreters are needed for all Saturday shifts.
In 2016 we gave over 6,000 brand new backbacks filled with school supplies to children living in poverty in our community! Thank you for your support!
We couldn’t do this without the generous support of businesses, organizations, churches, families and individuals who collect supplies, donate funds, and volunteer their time to help. Thank you for making a real difference in the lives of our community's kids!
How to Collect or Donate Supplies: (Due August 11th)
- Place a collection box, Project: SOS posters, and school supply lists at your place of business, church or organization. You can pick them up at The Banquet, Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Click here to see or print the Project: SOS School Supply List.
- Click here to print a Project: SOS Poster.
- Look for collection boxes at participating retailers in Sioux Falls starting in July. Our 2017 Retailers include: ALL HyVee, Lewis, Menard's, ShopKo, Staples, and WalMart stores. You can buy supplies at these stores and drop them off in the boxes found near customer service areas.
- Head to Wild Water West for Terrific Tuesday: from 4-8 pm admission for anyone is just $5 when you bring in an acceptable school supply. OR Free Friend Friday: from 4-8pm season pass holders can bring unlimted friends when they bring in an acceptable school supply. Please visit http://wildwaterwest.com/tickets/specials/terrific-tuesdays-back-to-school-promotion/ to see a list of qualifying supplies for both of these specials.
- Bring donations directly to The Banquet, 900 East 8th Street, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, by Friday, August 11th. Please use the south door.
- Contact Erika Lapour at firstname.lastname@example.org or call The Banquet 335-7066 if you need boxes, posters, school supply lists or if you have any questions.
How to Get Supplies
- Bring your child(ren) to Whittier Middle School on Distribution Day: Saturday, August 19, 2017. It starts at 9:00 am and continues throughout the day until 4:00 pm. There is no need to line up early - we will have supplies for you!
- Children MUST be present to receive a backpack and school supplies.
- The child MUST have identification (something with the child’s name on it) to receive a backpack and school supplies.