Serving at The Banquet
Serve a meal As a group
To serve a meal click here: SERVE A MEAL or look at the calendar to the left and click on a day in red - those are days when volunteers are needed to serve. Groups can sign up to serve online. Your group name will appear on our calendar after your online application is received by Dakotah, our Volunteer Coordinator.
serve a meal as an individual
To serve as an individual, please call 605-335-7066 and ask to speak with Dakotah, our Volunteer Coordinator.
Be a Banquet Angel
Banquet Angels are individuals willing to serve on short notice when we are short volunteers. To be a Banquet Angel, text the word ANGELS to 605-413-1971 and you will receive text messages letting you know when we need help. If you can help, either reply to the text or call us at 605-335-7066. If you aren't able to help at that time, simply don't respond. Thank you - we love our Angels!
To view or print detailed requirements for serving each meal, please click here: SERVING DETAILS
Volunteer Guidelines for serving a meal
Volunteers must be 13 years or older to work in the kitchen or pour beverages. Volunteers ages 10-12 or younger may wash tables and carry trays. We ask that parents use their own discretion about whether their child will be able to stay at that task for one and a half hours. Young children must be closely supervised by their parents at all times for their own personal safety.
Volunteer Dress Code for serving
- Jeans, casual pants, capris
- Shorts that fall no shorter than above the knee
- Sleeved t-shirts that can be tucked in
- Tennis shoes or closed–toe shoes
- Long hair pulled back to serve on the food line
PLEASE DO NOT WEAR:
- Short shorts or mini-skirts
- Sleeveless shirts, tank tops, or midriff-bearing tops
- Flip flops, sandals or other open-toed shoes
- Caps or hats
other opportunities to volunteer or help:
- Collect items or volunteer with Project: SOS
- Collect items for our Christmas Give-Away
- Become a front desk volunteer
- Host in the Children's Room
- Help with building and grounds work
- Do data entry
- Help clean and sort items for special projects
- Volunteer off-site
Contribute to the cost of meals
If you can't donate time, you can still be a vital part of The Banquet ministry by contributing to the cost of meals - particularily those meals served by our Banquet Angels. To ensure the needs of the hungry are being met in Sioux Falls please click here: DONATE.